BlackCat™ MetaData Management & Data Visualization
Data visualization is the emerging science of presenting information intuitively to users and presenting them with easy point & click options for managing files and content across the enterprise.
BlackCat™ is your central command center for managing large and disparate silos of data across an enterprise. With its rich yet simple display, BlackCat lets users manipulate and manage files via metadata, instead of having to open or even know about every single file that matches their search or retrieval criteria. BlackCat serves as the user-friendly front end to PowerHouse™, Valora’s AutoClassification platform.
Following PowerHouse’s analysis of virtually unlimited volumes of corporate data with unmatched classification and disposition capabilities, BlackCat data presentation delivers clean, easily managed data storage, reporting and analytics in a secure, private, web-browser environment with no client-side software requirements. Documents and files are accessible to BlackCat either temporarily on their way to other hosted environments, or permanently, as a sophisticated-yet-simple records or litigation document repository. BlackCat embraces an elegant content services model without the need for an ECM or DMS.
At heart, BlackCat is a SaaS/cloud or on-premises hosted metadata platform for large-scale, document-intensive matters in information governance, records management, and litigation. Inside BlackCat, users appreciate easy, instinctual point & click reporting; unlimited search, correlation and classification capabilities; data tracking, trend-lining and forecasting; and an ability to track their processing, analysis, retention and review progress in real-time.
BlackCat is not a large-scale manual review platform, but rather a reporting and auditing mechanism specifically for complex analytics processing. BlackCat is especially optimized for projects requiring heavy automated data analysis and processing, rather than mostly linear or manual workflows. BlackCat has been especially tuned to optimize and display PowerHouse’s unique analytics results, such as graphical representations of who communicates with whom, and how different Issues, People, and Document Types manifest over time.
Because repository hosting typically occurs near the end of a long chain of automated, hybrid and manual document processing activities, Valora has ensured full and complete integration between BlackCat and our critically acclaimed PowerHouse. This allows us to run processing, analytics, quality control and auditing processes simultaneously with migration and hosting efforts in BlackCat, offering a completely scalable, parallel-processing workflow model for high-volume, complex data scenarios.
Clients using BlackCat enjoy:
- Command & Control Across Data Silos
- BlackCat is the centralized command & control center for multiple data silos. BlackCat provides full access and control of rich metadata across all of your files, shared drives, repository servers, email servers, cloud-based storage, and other data sources in use across your enterprise.
- File Population Characteristics at a Glance
- With its rich array of charts, graphics, social networks, heat maps and search, BlackCat instantly and intuitively tells you what your data population holds and how it is being managed. Ideal for Information Governance, BlackCat displays for analysis, retention, security and compliance come standard, with customization options for specific line-of-business requirements.
- Easy Retrieval with Multi-Faceted Drill-downs
- BlackCat displays a wealth of file and population attribute data in a chart-rich data dashboard called First Look. Easily drill down by Document Type, Dates, Authors & Custodians and other key metadata. No need for complex Boolean searches (though they are also supported), just point & click & go! BlackCat supports standard and customized metadata, with full, native integration with Valora’s PowerHouse AutoClassification platform.
- Different Users, Different Data Display
- BlackCat supports ultimate metadata customization with different views for different types of users. Separate interfaces, display and features for power users, basic users and admins. Powerful system administration to control who sees what and when, including customized AutoRedactions and content-level security control. With no client-side software requirements, BlackCat easily extends to the full organization for complete self-serve analysis and retrieval.
Please contact us with questions, ideas, or for more information. Or chat with us live below.Valora BlackCat Data Sheet