Frustrated searching across multiple sites, shares and repositories, attempting to locate your necessary content? Now imagine a centralized search engine, across all data sources, fully cognizant of metadata tags, that is easy and accessible for all employees – a Virtual Vault.
What is a Virtual Vault?
Virtual Vault is a centralized data command center that connects to multiple document repositories, tagging for rich metadata across a vast and diverse population of content. The solution combines PowerHouse’ s meticulous metadata tagging and flexible technical connectivity with BlackCat’s easy navigation and rich search for a powerful but simple centralized data dashboard.
Virtual Vault Benefits:
- Employees save valuable time and effort while searching for relevant content across multiple data stores. Increases employee productivity by optimizing content searches to only relevant content.
- Content stays within its respective repositories, but is still accessible to Virtual Vault users anywhere they need it
- Employees access files directly through the Virtual Vault, without needing to remember the file path or storage location
- Streamlined and organized search through a single, easy-to-use dashboard
- Permissions and persona-based content access means the most sensitive content is accessible & searchable only by those qualified
- Automatic ingestion and inclusion of new, edited or acquired content, including automatic notifications
- Easy to migrate content from aging or end-of-life repositories to newer mechanisms, such as SharePoint and other cloud-based options
6 Steps to Managing a Virtual Vault with AutoClassification:
1) Locate. Scan all content from everywhere across the organization.
PowerHouse connects to most common repositories such as SharePoint, OpenText, Salesforce and Ariba. It is also compatible with email systems, fileshares and scanned hard copy images. Ask us about support for more specialized repositories such as Enterprise Vault, iManage, UltiPro and SmartPlantFoundation.
2) Identify. Determine the kind, type and context of all content.
The original Virtual Vault was used to support a Client’s legal team in their perpetual need to search contracts across multiple repositories (see Case Study, below). However, a Virtual Vault can successfully tag and sort any variety of data and content, including support for content in multiple languages. A rich set of connectors and APIs ensure interoperability.
3) Tag. Rich metadata applies key attributes about each file’s contents.
Rich and detailed attribute tagging allows users to see and understand what every file contains, so as to be able to retrieve, manage and action it appropriately. Is it a contract? Who are the parties? Is it still in force? Does it have a confidentiality clause? What jurisdiction? What revisions and amendments? Which other files are similar or associated? Is it past its retention period? Should it be migrated to a new location?
4) Access it. Set access levels for employees performing search.
Determine who can access what with user profiles and federated identity management. A Virtual Vault operates at numerous security levels allowing the organization to determine which employees and third parties can access what content. Employ AutoRedaction to protect the most sensitive content.
5) Use it. Utilize the consolidate dashboard for efficiencies in search, review and reporting
Users search a detailed and collated inventory of available content based on company tags such as Document and Record Type, Title & Subject Matter, Key Dates, Authors and Parties, and Keywords. Tags can be out-of-the-box or custom-configured to specific needs. Searchers drill-down on specific tags and topics by simple clicking, or utilizing sophisticated Boolean and Regex options.
6) Monitor it. Keep your content, tags, search & reporting evergreen with ongoing analysis & control.
Stay up to date with new, incoming and edited files while automatically monitoring and auditing activity across all stored data locations, both on prem and in the cloud. Consolidated data visualization supports metrics, access, and viewing from full corpus, to strategic subsets, to individual files.
See how past Valora clients built and utilize their Virtual Vaults:
View our on-demand webinars on AutoClassification best practices: