The Project Manager is a unique and special role at Valora. Part overseer, worker, and professional example, the PM is a critical, mid-management position at the company. All PM’s are chosen for their abilities to complete work on time, accurately, independently, and with attention to detail and professionalism. Because they have proven their skills and aptitude for greater responsibilities, PMs serve as role models for other, less experienced personnel in the company. Valora makes it a priority to hire and promote from within and PMs are often selected from other roles.
Valora PMs are different from PMs at other organizations in that they often oversee and provision a significant portion of the work. They are multi-talented and adapt easily to changing situations. It is not uncommon for a PM to work on more than one project in the course of a single day. At Valora, PMs hold a particularly prominent position with our customers. They are always identified by name and PMs serve as the first line of defense for customer concerns or requests. At Valora, PMs are customer advocates as much as they are service providers.
Specific Responsibilities & Expectations
- Understands all specifications, documentation, technology and other requirements for the project.
- Serves as team expert and documents all decisions. Creates workflow and Gantt (tasks & milestones) charts, including monitoring and updating schedules
- Translates specs & deliverables into technical terms & specs for the Implementation Engineering team.
- Works with internal technical teams to ensure proper configuration, setup, testing, results, etc. This includes creating job “tickets” inside JIRA, our task tracking and ticketing system.
- Creates and manages reporting and communication with the client.
- Serves as first line testing for completed work, prior to pushing out to client. Is everything correct?
- Reports regularly to sr. mgmt on project process, performance and tracking to plan
- Shares best practices with other Project Mgrs.
- Serves as professional role model to others
- Must be college graduate with strong GPA (3.0+)
- 1-3 years experience in project management in a technical, B2B context. Should have basic familiarity with Gantt charts, scheduling tasks and indirectly managing resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. No grammar or vocabulary issues. Able to communicate effectively and convincingly in a business/professional setting.
- A “quick study” type of person who can learn quickly, is not afraid to ask questions, and is a self-starter.
- Self motivated and takes pride in their work
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work well individually and as part of a team, handle pressure and tight deadlines. A strong ability to prioritize and “figure it out.”
- US citizen and Native English speaker
- No travel required
- Salary based on experience
- Eligible for performance-based bonus
- Flexible Hours
- Relaxed, Casual Work Environment
- Excellent Reputation in Industry
- Management Availability
- Opportunity for advancement
- Full health care (after 90 days)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days (after 90 days)
- 401k Plan (after 90 days)
- Product & Professional Training
Only local (MA/NH) candidates with US citizenship and the ability to qualify for low-level federal security clearance will be considered for this position (includes criminal, credit, and employment background checks and seven year residency disclosure).
For More Information or To Apply for this Position:
The Company has an established procedure for making hiring decisions. Please respect our process by complying with the instructions below.
- Provide us with a resume and cover letter (or email). Please make sure your cover letter indicates why you want this position, and what makes you qualified to hold it.
- Provide us, or point us towards, some of your prior work product. We are seeking writing professional examples that demonstrate command of a subject area.