Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager is a unique and special role at Valora. Part overseer, strategist, and professional example, the SPM is a critical, senior management position at the company. All SPM’s are chosen for their abilities to manage teams, handle complex implementations and projects, work within budgets, on time, accurately, independently, and with attention to detail and professionalism. Because they have proven their skills and aptitude for the highest responsibilities, SPMs serve as role models for other, less experienced personnel in the company. Valora makes it a priority to hire and promote from within and SPMs are often selected from other roles, notably Project Manager.
Valora SPMs are different from PMs at other organizations in that they in addition to their roles in overseeing the work, they also serve as Subject Matter Experts in various areas, such as information Governance, Records Retention, Data Processing & Clearinghouse services. They are multi-talented and highly regarded internally and externally. At Valora, SPMs hold a particularly prominent position with our customers. They are often part of the selling and scoping process and serve a primary role of advocacy for customer concerns or requests. This position is located in our Billerica, MA (USA) location.
- Meet with clients for needs assessment, subject matter expertise, and solution architecture.
- Design and scope complex implementations of Valora software platforms and components.
- Master all specifications, documentation, technology and other requirements for the project.
- Serves as team expert and documents all decisions. Creates workflow and Gantt (tasks &milestones) charts, including monitoring and updating schedules
- Translates specs & deliverables into technical terms & specs for the Implementation Engineering team.
- Directs internal technical teams to ensure proper configuration, setup, testing, results, etc. This includes creating job “tickets” inside JIRA, our task tracking and ticketing system. Creates and manages reporting and communication with the client.
- Oversees first line testing for completed work, prior to pushing out to client. Is everything correct? Reports regularly to executive mgmt on project process, performance and tracking to plan
- Shares best practices with other Project Mgrs. Directs work of Junior PMs and supporting staff.
- Serves as professional role model to others.
- BA/BS College degree in applicable field, MBA and/or Project Management certification strongly preferred.
- 10+ years experience in project management in a technical, B2B context. Strong command of Gantt charts, scheduling tasks and indirectly managing resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. No grammar or vocabulary issues. Able to communicate effectively and convincingly in a business/professional setting.
- A leadership type who directs the work of others with appropriate checks and balances at each step.
- Self motivated and takes pride in their work
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work well individually and as part of a team, handle pressure and tight deadlines. A strong ability to prioritize and “figure it out.”
- US citizen and Native English speaker
- Some travel required (3-4x per year)
- Salary based on experience
- Eligible for performance-based bonus
- Flexible Hours
- Relaxed, Casual Work Environment
- Excellent Reputation in Industry
- Management Availability
- Opportunity for advancement
- Full health care (after 90 days)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days (after 90 days)
- 401k Plan (after 90 days)
- Product & Professional Training
Only local (MA/NH) candidates with US citizenship and the ability to qualify for low-level federal security clearance will be considered for this position (includes criminal, credit, and employment background checks and seven year residency disclosure).
For More Information or To Apply for this Position:
The Company has an established procedure for making hiring decisions. Please respect our process by complying with the instructions below.
- Provide us with a resume and cover letter (or email). Please make sure your cover letter indicates why you want this position, and what makes you qualified to hold it.
- Provide us, or point us towards, some of your prior work product. We are seeking writing professional examples that demonstrate command of a subject area.