Senior Software Engineer
Come make a big impact with a small team building sophisticated, full-stack data mining and predictive analytics software for AutoClassification.
One year after a successful round of fundraising, our seasoned CTO (MIT EECS) is growing our small, fast-moving strike team to expand our market-leading technology to new customers and environments.
We are looking for key members of our enterprise software team. Use your strong coding and design skills to develop cutting-edge new features and make this technology available to a new and demanding customer base.
Company is growing, MIT-founded provider of products and services in Information Governance, eDiscovery and Records Management, well-known for innovative, efficient technology. Job is located onsite in Bedford, MA.
- Work closely with the CTO and core development team to design, code, test and document new features and services for Valora’s mission-critical data analytics processing and data hosting and visualization platforms using agile, iterative development and continuous deployment
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, sales and professional services teams to build, execute and maintain a development roadmap
- Conduct new technology research; bring fresh ideas and concepts to the engineering organization
- Interface with customers and partners to identify requirements, customize solutions and provide technical outreach.
- Create and integrate new process workflow automation engine and configuration UI
- Implement security “hardening,” single sign-on and authorization federation features
- Re-design and implement updated/modernized desktop interface (Java Swing) for users to configure and manage data processing and visualization options
- Re-design and implement software system’s dynamic logging and integrate with logging analysis servers
- Re-architect LAN-based software for cloud environments.
- Architect and implement connectivity framework for integration with corporate document storage systems
- Experience creating commercial business-to-business software. We ship complex features under tight deadlines; customer success is our success.
- Ability and experience solving hard, interesting engineering problems in clean, efficient ways
- Demonstrably strong competence and 3 – 12 years experience programming in Java, with expertise and facility with object-oriented class hierarchies, servlets, event-based UI and core Java libraries.
- Understanding of SQL and relational database concepts, transactions, optimization
- Strong competence in mathematics and statistics
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar from a well-respected, 4-year college/university
- Detail-oriented and organized, able to work well individually and as part of a team, handle pressure, tight deadlines and multiple concurrent projects
- Background in Big Data, data analytics, or high-volume document processing is a significant plus
- Experience with UI design also a plus
- No travel required
- Salary based on experience
- Eligible for performance-based bonus
- Flexible Hours
- Relaxed, Casual Work Environment
- Excellent Reputation in Industry
- Management Availability
- Opportunity for advancement
- Full health care
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- 401k Plan
- Dental & Vision Plans
Only local (MA/NH) candidates with US citizenship and the ability to qualify for low-level federal security clearance will be considered for this position (includes criminal, credit, and employment background checks and seven year residency disclosure).
For More Information or To Apply for this Position:
The Company has an established procedure for making hiring decisions. Please respect our process.
- Provide us with a resume and cover email. Indicate why you want this position and what makes you qualified to hold it.