Large Fast-Food Chain: Scalable solution of ever-changing and global data regulations
A large, casual, fast-food chain was specifically searching for a solution to emerging data privacy concerns. With over 1500 locations in over a dozen countries worldwide, they needed a solution that to adapt to ever-changing, global regulations around personal data. Valora’s PowerHouse technology came highly recommended by one of the “Big Four” consultancies who had identified Valora as “best in class” for AutoClassification and Information Governance-oriented content analysis for their client.
Electronic File Processing
OCR & Text Extraction
Analytics & Data Mining
Download the PDF
As an aggregator of consumer information, the company was concerned about the ramifications and penalties of new privacy laws, specifically GDPR and CCPA, which they would soon become subject to. In addition to data privacy concerns, they were also interested in exploring other pillars of Information Governance, including ROT identification in their content and a plan to migrate files from several, disparate on-prem and cloud repositories and files shares to SharePoint® Online.
Valora worked with the Client’s outside privacy counsel to design and implement an approach to identify and manage access to sensitive data, whether that data concerned customers, employees, or suppliers. PowerHouse was further configured to adhere to Client’s new retention schedule by classifying files into Record Types, while putting automated retention tags in place to manage content lifecycles in compliance. In addition, Powerhouse tagged ROT throughout the organization for anticipated defensible deletion. In a matter of weeks Valora tackled two departments’ data sets to prove out the efficacy of the PowerHouse and BlackCat solutions on live data sets on premises at the Client.
The client gained a number of benefits all at once:
- Cleaned up, organized sets of departmental data
- Full metadata tagging for their content, including Document Type, Custodian, Keywords, Title and Subject Matter, and many more.
- Full tagging of Personal Data, including special security tags for the most sensitive information
- Identification of ROT, Records Schedules and Retention tags
- Destination tags for Recommended File Location upon migration to SharePoint Online
- BlackCat data dashboard for easy search and retrieval of departmental data