Quality Assurance Engineer
Join a leading provider of document data mining & predictive analytics products and services in the Information Governance, eDiscovery and Records Management markets who is filling an immediate need in their Engineering department! Rare opportunity to work directly with our seasoned CTO (MIT EECS BS/MS) on full-stack, enterprise software development.
Use your strong analytical skills and ability to problem-solve to test key new features and functionality, and prepare company platforms for customer release. Company is an established leader in its market and well-known for innovative, efficient technology. Job is located in Bedford, MA.
- Create test plans, test cases and testing automation for Valora’s primary products PowerHouse™, our mission-critical processing platform , and BlackCat™, our Data Hosting & Visualization platform, as well as numerous secondary utilities
- Perform both new functionality testing and regression tests; identify, analyze, reproduce and report issues
- Report defects found in testing diligently, promptly, and accurately
- Communicate activities, issues, opportunities and results with Engineering, Technical Operations, Professional Services, and Product Management teams
- Work closely with internal and partner technical organizations
- Software testing and delivery experience in web, Java and client/server environments
- Experience testing complex, high-performance enterprise software, preferably in a software product company
- Experience creating and running automated test suites
- Comprehensive understanding of software QA processes and practices
- Ability to analyze and understand log files and Java stack traces
- Working experience with web application servers (IIS, Tomcat, etc.)
- Experience creating thorough test plans
- Good understanding of HTML, XML, CSS, JSON and web-design
- Strong SQL skills, experience with relational databases
- Experience using a bug tracking system such as Jira, Bugzilla, etc.
- Experience using a source control system like SVN or Git
- Experience with automated unit and API testing a plus
- Strong competence in mathematics and statistics
- Self motivated and takes pride in their work, strong follow-up skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work well individually and as part of a team, handle pressure and tight deadlines with a strong ability to “figure it out”
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar from a well-respected, 4-year college/university
- US citizen and native English speaker
- Background in Big Data, data analytics, or high-volume document processing is a significant plus
- No travel required
- Salary based on experience
- Eligible for performance-based bonus
- Flexible Hours
- Relaxed, Casual Work Environment
- Excellent Reputation in Industry
- Management Availability
- Opportunity for advancement
- Full health care (after 90 days)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days (after 90 days)
- 401k Plan (after 90 days)
- Product & Professional Training
- Provide us with a resume and cover letter (or email). Please make sure your cover letter indicates why you want this position, and what makes you qualified to hold it.
- If you have graduated college in the last 5 years, please provide a copy of your transcript. (Unofficial is ok.)
Only local (MA/NH) candidates with US citizenship and the ability to qualify for low-level federal security clearance will be considered for this position (includes criminal, credit, and employment background checks and seven year residency disclosure).
For More Information or To Apply for this Position:
The Company has an established procedure for making hiring decisions. Please respect our process by complying with the instructions below.
Company is an equal-opportunity employer. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit www.valoratech.com. No phone calls, please.